The 3 Step Plan…
A Weight Loss Plan for Men
If you are a man & want to lose weight…
Focus on 3 items..
- What are you eating & when ?
- How much energy do you burn ?
- What (if any) exercise do you do ?
The reason is that to lose weight you need to cut back on calories – but when (& how much) you need to cut back depends on your individual circumstances.
In addition you also need to focus on how to make sure you are doing the right type of exercise so you lose weight in the right place.
Step 1 – What are you eating & when..
There are 2 main elements to losing weight
Cut back on Calories
Yes, doing lots and lots of exercise might help…
But the best way to lose weight is to cut calories to your diet – as a rough ‘rule of thumb’ cutting 500 calories per day should help you lose about 1 lbs per week.
However you will get the best results if you focus on doing everything possible to help your metabolism.
- Regular meals (including breakfast)
- Drinking enough water
- And eating enough protein…
Increase your protein intake
In addition the amount of protein you eat will have a major impact on your results.
Not only is protein essential for your diet, it will also help prevent hunger between meals and help your muscles.
In the video below nutritionist Susan Bowman explains why muscles are so important, how to get the ‘right’ ones and what to eat & when,
In the video Susan shows:
- Why Muscles are important to weight loss and posture
- The difference between upper & lower body muscles, and their implications for you
- What to eat after training & when – to add the right type of protein
- What happens to your muscles when you stop training, the difference between fat and muscle cells
- Why women don’t get bulky muscles (like men)
The easiest way to add protein
Is simply to add protein powder into your herbalife shake.
Order any product from this site and we will provide you with a personalised plan – providing you advice on how much protein to add (and when)
Step 2 – How much energy do you burn..
There is a difference in the plan you follow whether you work in an office or have a physically demanding job.
For example you don’t want to ‘run out of energy’ mid-morning or resort to having a snack.
The key to the Herbalife plans is that they are tailored to your own individual circumstances.
That is why (in our recommendations) we alway calculate how much energy you burn so you have an indication how much you should be eating, what to add to your shakes or if adding protein snacks would be ideal as part of your weight loss plan.
Step 3 – How to get a great Shape..
Men tend to have a natural upper body shape with most of the excess weight noticeable on your face, neck, chest and waist.
- Danger – excess weight around your waist (especially fat around your organs) can put your health at risk.
- The right diet – use a plan that helps your lean-to-fat ratio to improve both your shape and your health. For example the formula 1 shake + protein powder.
- The right exercise – Even a simple exercise like walking for 30 minutes (for example 3 x 10 minutes) each day will help but for best results either do exercises like swimming or use the right equipment in the gym.
How to Start..
You will get the best results if you combine the right weightloss diet with the right type of exercise for your body shape
Hopefully the information above has provide some starting points.
Whatever your body shape the key is to focus on 2 elements:
1. The right diet
The herbalife diet plans are so effective because they cut back on calories, combined with provide low glycemic index ingredients to help boost lasting energy.
But in addition the complete plans contain extra protein to help your muscles (so you get better exercise results)
The simplest way is to replace 2 meals with a formula 1 shake and extra protein powder – or why not have at our complete plans ?
The action points by body type provide some ideas for exercise but…..
Aerobic sports like walking or running are great but the key is to ‘force yourself’ so you build muscles.
Building muscle is great for weightloss because it helps raise your metabolic rate (so you lose weight all day long)
You don’t have to go into serious ‘body building’ but working with weights (or resistance equipment) is by far the best way.
Can We Help ?
Established over 10 years ago we’ve (so far) we help people looking to lose weight by providing them with their own ‘step by step’ weight loss plan…
If you follow a weight loss plan (designed specifically for you) you should see a real difference in the first 30 days.
Why not let us email you a personalised plan – designed to work for you it will help you achieve the best possible results.