Just not hungry ?
If you are not hungry (or skipping meals) and it can be very hard to take in extra calories.
Whatever you do – don’t force yourself to eat loads !!!
You will get much better weight gain results by
- Regularly adding extra calories to your diet each day
- A Consistent plan – where you add calories day after day
- And as healthily as possible
1. The basic poor appetite weight gain shake or smoothie
Adding a shake or smoothie to your diet is a very enjoyable way to take in extra calories.
Simply blend :
- Any liquid you enjoy (water, juice, milk, etc)
- With the right type of smoothie mix powder
- And then drink 3 times per day after meals
Smoothie Mix Powder ?
The advantage of making a smoothie (or shake) with a smoothie mix powder is that you will be adding consistent extra calories each time – consistency is very important to gaining weight.
There are very many different types of smoothie mix powders – ranging from simple ‘extra calorie’ powders, to gluten and soy free, specialised muscle building powders, etc.
The key is to use exactly the right type of powder to fit in with your own individual objectives.
2. Adding Bits..
IDEAL BREAKFAST SHAKE
Breakfast really is the most important meal for gaining weight. If you usually skip breakfast (very common) then make sure you have a shake.
- 2 tbsp Formula 1 Shake Powder
- 100 g muesli
- 1 serving raspberry low fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp raspberry jam
- 250 ml semi-skimmed milk)
- Mix in blender.
THE ACAI BERRY SHAKE.
Although they look like a blueberry acais are great antioxidants & help absorption. You will need
- 4oz Acai Juice
- 2 unsweetened whole frozen strawberries
- 2 serving Formula 1 Shake Powder,
- only add protein if going to the gym)
To make add all ingredients in to a blender and add 4-6oz water with a handful of ice and blend.
This is our most popular poor absorption smoothie recipe.
MANGO & HONEY SHAKE
Great ‘light’ after meal source of healthy calories.
- 2 serving Formula 1 Shake Powder
- 1 Slice mango or melon
- 1 small teaspoon honey
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 4 Ice Cubes)
- Blend until smooth.
STRAWBERRY APRICOT SHAKE
Ideal if you usually skip breakfast, calories + better absorption.
- 1 serving Formula 1 Strawberry Shake Powder
- 300ml skim milk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 fresh ripe apricot
- 50-100 grams of light yoghurt )
- Blend in a blender until smooth.
Try to use ripe strawberries for best taste
How to Start ?..
The easiest way to gain weight is to simply add some specialised shakes or smoothies to your diet.
Our online order page contains a detailed explanation of the ‘superfood for weight gainers’ mix powder.
Ideal for weight gain it comes in a variety of flavours and can be blended with water, juice or milk.