A plan to Gain Weight, Muscles & Shape.
To gain weight in the gym (or when playing sport) your diet will be just as important as your training routine.
The key to focus on 3 elements:
- When not training – You will need to use an ‘all-over’ weight gain plan.
- Before you train – Provide your body with extra ‘fuel’
- After training – Re-fuel and have extra protein (to help your muscles).
Taking them in turn.
Action 1 – An ‘all-over’ weight gain plan
The starting point to your plan will be to follow a regular consistent weight gain plan, designed to help you gain weight all-over and ‘fill out’.
This is especially important if you are training & getting muscles. Because the simple reason is that muscles will raise your metabolic rate – so you burn calories even faster.
For more details of our most popular ‘all over’ weight gain plan have a look at the weight gain shake plan
Action 2 – Before training ‘fuel-up’
If you are training to gain weight & get a great shape then a weight gain sports nutrition plan is very important.
Because you will need to make sure you have enough ‘fuel’ in your system.
The key is to avoid your body using your stored reserves, which would make gaining weight even harder.
There are 2 options you can use:
- In most cases just using a standard ‘all-over’ weight gain plan will provide you with enough fuel to keep going. If you are using our weight gain shake plan (depending on when you train) you could even just make sure you have one of the shakes about 1 hour before you train, which would be enough.
- However, if you are training very extensively (or for example go running or play sport) then one option is to drink a specialised high calorie sports drink like Prolong – it’s specifically designed to provide extra calories and ideal for weight gainers
Action 3 – Re-fuel & help your muscles.
When you finish this will be a key time for your muscles & to refuel.
The reason is that your muscles need protein to build, and the best time is within 1 to 1.5 hours after training.
As above there are 2 options:
- If you have had a ‘regular’ training session and are using something like the all-over weight gain plan, then simply have a shake with added protein powder. Our weight gain high protein plan provides more details.
- On the other hand – if you are very serious about your training then a specialised muscle building drink (like rebuild strength) will be more suitable
How to Start ?
All our products include one to one weight gain advice and a personalised plan.
The easiest way to see how this works is to have a look at the 2 most popular Options
Option 1 – The core Formula 1 Shake
The Formula 1 shake is at the heart of the weight gain shake plan.
Because it’s ideal for gaining weight – containing the right amount of calories.
All you do is blend it with water, milk or juice and drink after meals.
It comes in a variety of flavours, is ‘quick & easy‘ to make and tastes delicious.
For more details have a look at:
Option 2 – Personalised Plans
We also have a variety of ‘ready made‘ weight gain plans, designed to help achieve specific objectives.
For example the Weight Gain Quickstart plan contains the shake mentioned above, as well as a specialised tablet designed to help you get the maximum results from the food you eat.